A script to provide tag-based linking to external notes from within TaskPaper documents, allowing you to elaborate on tasks and ideas, collect additional resources and generally keep your TaskPaper files void of dozens of notes.
The heavy lifting on this was all done by Pedro Lobo
Original Copyright (C) 2012 Pedro Lobo
Modified by Brett Terpstra 2015:
[[wiki links]]in task text, automatically open them in the first item in the workList (defaults to nvALT)
- Simplified path setup
Modified by Brett Terpstra 2013:
- Added basic template capabilities and additional app examples
- If the tag value is empty, the task title is used for filename and templating
- Routines for handling peculiarities of each app
This is a hot mess as far as the AppleScript goes (my fault). Too many logic forks and redundancies were introduced in this process. It works well, but it's not as easily extensible as I'd like. Feel free to fix it...
- Open the
ExtraInfoPlus.applescriptfile in AppleScript Editor and save it as a script in
- You'll need to edit the template path to point to wherever you put this repo.
- Edit the docPath values for each app you want to use. These are the locations where new note files will be created for each app.
- Use a launcher like FastScripts for hotkey access to the script from within TaskPaper.
@maptriggers MindNode using Template.mindnode
@mmaptriggers Mindjet MindManager using Template.mindmanager
@mapxtriggers iThoughtsX using map.itm
@outlinetriggers Tree 2 using Template.opml
@notetriggers nvALT using Template.md
- %%TITLE%% is generated from the tag value, or the task name if that's empty
- %%DATE%% is the ISO date at the runtime
- %%FILENAME%% is the document title of the originating TaskPaper document
- %%FILEPATH%% is the originating TaskPaper document as a file URL